JAPAN Forward is a foreign-language website that delivers Japan-related news, analysis, commentary, and opinion pieces. We aim to reveal the true face of Japan to non-Japanese speakers in areas ranging from politics and economics to culture and society, actively reaching out to show the rest of the world the diversity of Japanese perspectives and the international efforts undertaken by Japanese people, corporations, and groups.
JAPAN Forward is seeking a News Editor to join our editorial team. Reporting directly to the Editor-in-chief, the News Editor will assign, edit, and publish stories for the JAPAN Forward editorial news team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in daily news coverage, as well as understands the JAPAN Forward vision and audience.
- Assign, edit, and publish news stories that meet JAPAN Forward's editorial standards from a qualitative and brand standpoint
- Work closely with the Editor-in-chief to increase quality, efficiency, and performance of news stories
- Communicate with news writers to ensure they are properly drafting write-ups that highlight the main elements of the story
- Write news stories when necessary, as well as update news stories when appropriate
- 2 years of editing and 4+ years of writing and reporting experience at a publisher or website
- A newshound approach to tracking down news stories using a wide range of resources
- Sound editorial judgment and a deep knowledge of the JAPAN Forward vision
- Exemplary written and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines while maintaining quality work
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience working in a CMS
- A positive and winning attitude working with a team, and can also work independently with little to no supervision
For immediate applications, please send your CV to email@example.com.