With surgical precision, Naoya Inoue outboxed Stephen Fulton in their super bantamweight title fight on Tuesday, July 25. Inoue's jab was a powerful catalyst for success from the get-go as he dictated the tempo of the fight, pummeling Fulton and capturing the Philadelphian's WBC and WBO title belts.
In this podcast episode, sports reporter Colin Morrison and SportsLook editor Ed Odeven share their overall thoughts on both boxers' tactics throughout the match at Ariake Arena and analyze the key moments in the fight leading up to Inoue's eighth-round technical knockout of Fulton.
So what's next for Inoue (25-0, 22 knockouts)?
Listen in to learn more about Monster's likely next opponent in 2023: IBF and WBA super bantamweight champion Marlon Tapales (37-3, 19 KOs), who attended Tuesday’s fight. And we look ahead to Inoue's future, possibly as early as 2024, as a featherweight.
Join the conversation as SportsLook goes live with Twitter Spaces every month. The announcement will be made on our Twitter account. Feel free to share any suggestions in our comment section below.
- [SOCIAL WIRE] Naoya Inoue Outclasses Stephen Fulton and the Boxing World Reacts
- Naoya Inoue Dethrones Stephen Fulton to Become Super Bantamweight Champ
- Naoya Inoue Out to Snatch Away Stephen Fulton's Super Bantamweight Crowns
- Focus on Stephen Fulton Ahead of Monster Super Bantamweight Fight
- [JAPAN SPORTS NOTEBOOK] Naoya Inoue Faces a Stiff Challenge in Showdown with Stephen Fulton
Author: Ed Odeven