Japan’s largest outdoor music festival, FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL, is back for its 2023 iteration.
Headlining this year's event are Foo Fighters, Lizzo, and The Strokes, organizers announced on the festival's social media accounts on Friday, February 3.
Organized by Smash Japan, FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL 2023 is happening from July 28 to 30 (Friday to Sunday) at its home since 1999, the Naeba Ski Resort in Yuzawa, Niigata.
For a limited time after the announcement, from January 13-18, they offered fans a chance to get three-day pass tickets at a discount of up to ¥10,000 via lottery.
Bookmarks for FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL 2023
For those interested in experiencing FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL this year, here are the links you should visit and bookmark:
- For more information about FUJI ROCK’s rules and regulations, ticket purchases, as well as the online application for the lottery of discounted tickets, on the Fuji Rock news and information page.
- For a more detailed breakdown on ticket prices, including festival entry, camp site access, parking passes, scroll down the Fuji Rock information page.
- If you're considering bus plans, there will be departures from 19 cities across Japan to Niigata. Learn more on the Fuji Rock information page.
- For chances via lottery to get lodging near the festival, click on this Fuji Rock information page.
- JAPAN Forward’s very own survival guide to FUJI ROCK 2022, which I believe will still be applicable to this year’s iteration.
- My own personal experience as a first-timer at FUJI ROCK in 2022.
Adopting the theme “Feel Great at FUJI ROCK!” for 2023, the FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL Organizing Committee has this message for festival goers:
Lineup and Other Updates
Here's the lineup announced by Fuji Rock Festival, as of February 3:
To keep up with official FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL 2023 updates, including this year’s much-anticipated “feel great” lineup, bookmark the FUJI ROCK Festival news page (ENGLISH). You can also follow festival news on their official Twitter and Instagram.
Are you planning on going to this year’s FUJI ROCK? Or have you been to FUJI ROCK before? Share your fondest memories, tell us your favorite artists you’ve watched, and let us know about your experience!
Author: Micah Go