Reiwa, the name of Japan’s new imperial era, is the first to be chosen from a traditional work of Japanese poetry.
The era name — announced on Monday, April 1, by Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga — means “beautiful harmony”. It is based on a poem from the Manyoshu.
JAPAN Forward would like to giveaway a limited edition Sankei News newspaper to three (3) lucky readers – postage paid by us to where ever you live in the world! Read below on how you can be in the running for such a highly coveted piece of Japanese history.
[UPDATE: This giveaway has ended. Winners have been contacted and congratulations to all!]
All it takes is three (3) simple steps to enter the giveaway:
1. Like the giveaway photo above (look for it on Monday, April 8, at 9 p.m. JST on JAPAN Forward’s Facebook page).
2. Like and Follow JAPAN Forward on Facebook.
3. Complete the questionnaire below:
The giveaway begins April 8 at 9 p.m. and ends Sunday, April 18, at 11:59 p.m. JST. Winners will be contacted and announced the week of April 22, or when all candidates have been confirmed. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions:
- You must reside or have an address to receive the limited edition Reiwa newspaper by mail.
- You must follow and like the JAPAN Forward Facebook page to be in the running for the giveaway.
‘Reiwa’ is Japan’s New Imperial Era
‘Beautiful Harmony’: Japan Releases Official Translation of ‘Reiwa’ After Mixed Reactions to New Era Name
‘Manyoshu’: Know the Poetry Collection Where Japan’s New Era Name Comes From