You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week - a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too.. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our fourteenth episode, we do something a little different. We delve into the special coverage of the assassination of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and the suspect Tetsuya Yamagami.
We report the rolling events and the reactions of politicians in Japan and abroad in a conversation with Grant Newsham, a retired United States Marine Colonel and former US diplomat with decades of background in Japan. Currently, Newsham is a Research Fellow at the Japan Forum for Strategic Studies and a regular contributor to JAPAN Forward.
Newsham shares with us some insights into the challenges and legacy of the longest-serving prime minister in Japan’s history.
New podcasts will come out every weekend, and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- [Asia’s Next Page] Indo-Pacific at a Loss: The Abe Memoire
- What We Know About Shinzo Abe’s Suspected Assassin So Far
- Statesman and Defender: Shinzo Abe Will Be Missed
- EDITORIAL | Shinzo Abe’s Assassination is Terrorism, a Tragedy That Japan Should Not See Again
- A Nation In Shock: The Day After Shinzo Abe’s Assassination, Questions Remain
- Japan’s Political World Will Never Be the Same Without Shinzo Abe
- PM Kishida, Japanese Officials Mourn Shinzo Abe: ‘Incredible Loss of a Great Politician’
- TIMELINE: Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Assassinated
- ‘Tragic, Devastating’: World Leaders React to Shinzo Abe’s Death
Author: Arielle Busetto