‘The Week’ Podcast #18: Kishida Shuffles Ministers, China Rages Missiles, Remembering Issey Miyake
What’s the debate in Japan, and what’s trending? The Week is a podcast that sets out to help you stay informed on news, culture, music and more.
You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week - a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our eighteenth episode, we spotlight Prime Minister Kishida’s reshuffle of the Cabinet and learn who’s who as he brings new blood into the 19-minister cohort.
We also delve into the consequences of China’s missile tantrums over the past week, and what implications they have for peace and security in East Asia.
Further forward, we look at some of the most fascinating aspects of the late Issey Miyake’s life, delving into what inspired the world-renowned designer who spread happiness with his clothes. Find the related articles list below.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Email | RSS | More
Join us wherever you get your podcasts — on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Podcasts, or directly through our website at JAPAN Forward. Reach out and stay in touch on Twitter @ariellebusetto.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
We have a library of podcasts available on our landing page, including Real Issues, Real Voices, Real Japan ー in both English and Japanese ー and Sports Talk.
- Fireworks Around Taiwan Reveal the Secrets of China’s Army In Attack Mode
- Carrying on Shinzo Abe’s Strategy for a Free and Open Indo-Pacific
- EDITORIAL | China’s Missile Tantrum Threatens Many Nations, Not Just Taiwan
- Fumio Kishida’s Cabinet Reshuffle: Key Points to Know
- PHOTOS: Heavy Rains Hit Northern Japan
- With Mentor Abe Gone, Kishida Has to Keep Ruling Party’s Conservative Base
- OBITUARY | Issey Miyake Designed Surprise and Joy Into Fashion
- [ICE TIME] Illustrator Mika Matsuda Brings Personalities of Skaters to Life with Her Work
- Experience Old-fashioned Tokyo on a Walking Tour Of Yanaka
Author: Arielle Busetto
You must be logged in to post a comment Login