You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week, a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan's culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports. It is hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our 23rd episode, we spotlight Shinzo Abe's legacy ahead of his state funeral on Tuesday, September 27.
Then we delve into the big announcement of the week, as Japan prepares to reopen borders for tourists from October 11.
In a cultural piece of news, we look into new research showing the relationship between sugar consumption and esports performance.
And in sports, we showcase the dynamic duo in badminton who have achieved new heights on September 20.
Join us wherever you get your podcasts: on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Podcasts, or directly through our website at JAPAN Forward. Reach out and stay in touch on Twitter @ariellebusetto and @JAPAN_Forward_.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- The Abe Legacy: A More Asian Japan, Steering Its Own Course in the World
- Welcome to Japan: Individual Travelers, Visa Waivers Return for the First Time Since COVID-19
- The Japanese American Experience: Great-Grandfather Was a ‘Hostile Alien’
- Lessons from a Crisis of Democracy: Narrating the Internment of Japanese Americans
- Tips to Play and Win at Esports: Eating Candies
- [ODDS and EVENS] Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi Soar to New Heights in Badminton
- [Kimono Style] Seeing Red: Creating the Colors of Kimono
Author: Arielle Busetto