Listen in as William Lee chats with the JAPAN Forward editorial team in a discussion on the ongoing political unrest with China and Hong Kong, and details some of the impacts of the new National Security Law that took effect at the end of June 2020.
William Lee organizes rallies and demonstrations in Japan with the non-profit organization, Stand With Hong Kong - an independent, grassroots, crowdfunded advocacy group consisting of individuals who have come together to fight for freedom and democracy for Hong Kong.
Their most recent rally was held in Shibuya, on July 2, the day after the 25th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong to China from the United Kingdom.
- When Free Speech Gets You Arrested: Hong Kong Protestors Gather in Shibuya
- EDITORIAL | Xi Jinping Kills Freedom in Hong Kong and Calls It a ‘Success’
- ‘The Week’ Podcast #13: Death of Hong Kong, Japan’s Energy Crunch, and Fuji Rock is Back
- Hong Kong Activists Express Disgust at Xi’s Visit to the City
- July 1, 2020 Marks the Death of Hong Kong
Join the conversation live every week. The announcement will be made on our Twitter account. Feel free to share any suggestions in our comment section below.