You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week – a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our twenty-first episode, we spotlight tensions in the Taiwan Strait, and what this means for Japan and its relations with neighboring countries.
Then we delve into the recent resignation of the chief of the National Police Agency following Shinzo Abe’s assassination.
Further forward, we look at the first-ever red carpet event on a bullet train between Kyoto and Tokyo, ahead of the release of a new Hollywood film. In the gaming world, we highlight the return of the public to expos, starting with BitSummit in Kyoto. And in sports, we shoot for the stars with Shohei Ohtani, who reached his 30th home run of the season. Find the related articles list below.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- Japanese Lawmakers’ Visit to Taiwan: What Does it Mean?
- ‘Heightening Tensions’ in the Taiwan Strait: China Can’t Get Japan Out of Its Mind
- EDITORIAL | After Abe’s Assassination, Revamp Needed in Securing VIPs
- The Luxurious Life of Dogs in Japan: Dog Grooming
- First-Ever Moving Red Carpet Event On A Bullet Train
- [Gamer’s World] BitSummit’s Indie Games Are Back, First Japanese Expo With Public Since COVID
- BASEBALL | Shohei Ohtani Reaches Another Milestone with 30th Homer of 2022
- [Hidden Wonders of Japan] Song, Dance, and Somen Noodles at Omiwa Shrine in Nara
Author: Arielle Busetto