You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week – a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our seventeenth episode, we spotlight Prime Minister Kishida’s August 1 speech advocating “a world without nuclear weapons” on the opening day of the non-proliferation conference at the United Nations in New York.
We also showcase the interesting demographics revealed in a public opinion poll on holding a state funeral for slain former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Further forward, we tackle the SDGs with a look into making beer out of food scraps, and spotlight an interview with Taiwanese math rock trio Elephant Gym. Find the related articles list below.
New podcasts will come out every weekend, and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- TRANSCRIPT | Kishida Speech at NPT Conference: Giving Up on Disarmament Not an Option
- Poll: Younger Generations and Majority of LDP Supporters Say ‘Yes’ to Abe’s State Funeral
- From Food Waste to Beer: Bread Crusts and Coffee Beans Transformed into Delicious Brews
- [ODDS and EVENS] Yokohama F. Marinos Riding High in Kevin Muscat’s First Full Season as Manager
- INTERVIEW | Taiwan’s Math Rock Heroes Elephant Gym: ‘We Can All Resonate Together in Music’
- INTERVIEW | Hideo Furukawa: Beyond The Dystopia of ‘Soundtrack’
- Through a Bicultural Lens: Summer Camps in America and Japan
Author: Arielle Busetto