You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week – a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our nineteenth episode, we spotlight the 77th anniversary of the end of the Second World War and our reporting from the ground.
Then we delve into an exciting new website ー Japan 2 Earth ー dedicated to the issues and debate around the environment and SDGs, released under the JAPAN Forward umbrella.
Further forward, we look at the ancient and popular culture of Awamori liquor in Okinawa. And in sports, we shoot for the stars with a profile on basketball player Rui Machida. Find the related articles list below.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- Marking the End of World War II Amid COVID-19 and the War in Ukraine
- Prayers for Ukraine at Yasukuni Shrine on the 77th Anniversary of the End of World War II
- Creating a United Front Against the Destructive Path of Neocolonialism
- ‘Japan 2 Earth’: New Website Launches to Help Communities Achieve Development Goals
- [Road Once Traveled] Japanese City Extends a Helping Hand through Water
- [Vietnam! Moving Ahead Together] Can Japanese Technology Combat Vietnam’s Pollution Problem?
- South Korea Offers Hospitals and Food to the North ー Provided It Dismantles Its Nuclear Weapons
- Okinawa’s Awamori: The Spirit That Survived
- BASKETBALL | Rui Machida Makes Solid Impact in Her First Season with Washington Mystics
- A Visit to the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum
Author: Arielle Busetto