You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week - a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our twentieth episode, we spotlight Shinzo Abe’s state funeral, and the updates on the ceremony scheduled for September 27.
Then we delve into an announcement made by Prime Minister Fumio Kishida which could foretell a major shift in Japan’s nuclear energy policy.
Further forward, we look at the interactive teamLab Borderless exhibition, which is set to close its Odaiba museum and open in a new location in 2023. In the business world, we take the long view in a look at the troubles of Masayoshi Son of Softbank. And in sports, Yuruzu Hanyu speaks with The Sankei Shimbun and JAPAN Forward in a one-on-one interview, telling us of his exciting plans since becoming a professional figure skater. Find the related articles list below.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- 6,400 Attendees Expected at Shinzo Abe’s State Funeral
- The Abe Episodes: Binding Contrasting Interests with the Value of ‘Harmony’
- Japan Eyes Developing Next Generation Nuclear Plants: Things to Know
- OBITUARY: Fashion Designer Hanae Mori Pioneered ‘East Meets West’
- Cheer Up, Masayoshi Son! You’ve Got 300 Years to Turn Around SoftBank’s Troubles
- teamLab Borderless Says Goodbye to Odaiba, to Reopen with New Cutting Edge Art
- INTERVIEW | Yuzuru Hanyu One-on-One: The New Pro’s Aim is to ‘Get Stronger!’
- Soba’s Secrets: Lessons from Making Buckwheat Noodles from Scratch
Author: Arielle Busetto