You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week – a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds, and sports, too. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our twenty-second episode, we spotlight tensions with China’s naval and maritime activities in Japanese waters and what this means for Japan’s defense policy.
Then we delve into a retrospective on Shinzo Abe’s initiatives to reform government administrative and intelligence infrastructure as Japan moves towards a normal country status.
Further forward, and important to many readers, we look at the new travel restrictions, which make it easier for people to return to Japan.
And in sports, we showcase ‘The Great Sasuke’, who participated in a fight this weekend to raise funds for people in Ukraine. The full list of related articles is below.
New podcasts will come out every weekend and remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- The Abe Legacy: A Japan Empowered by Far-reaching Reforms
- China Aggressively Seeking ‘effective control’ in Waters Around the Senkaku Islands
- Serious About the Defense of Japan: More Details, Please
- EDITORIAL | Largest Anime Database Launched, Expected to Bolster Japan’s Lucrative Industry
- OBITUARY | Queen Elizabeth II: World Figure, A Friend of Japan’s Royal Family
- What to Know for Travel to Japan: Relaxed COVID-19 Rules, No Tour Guide
- Japanese Pro Wrestler ‘The Great Sasuke’ Returns to the Ring for a Great Cause
- Production of Edible Crickets Expands with New Rules in Place
Author: Arielle Busetto