There is a lot going on in the world and we know you want to stay informed. You are the reason JAPAN Forward launched The Week - a podcast for busy people who want to keep abreast of Japan’s culture, politics, business, economy and research worlds. Hosted by Arielle Busetto.
In our fifth episode we discuss an interview with Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and his recent eight-day international trip. We also talk about Japan’s slow return to normal life as Japan learns to live with COVID, photography in the tranquility of Meiji Jingu, and the Summer Sumo Tournament starting as Golden Week holidays end. Find the related articles list below.
New podcasts will come out every Friday evening, JST, and will remain available for listeners on your own schedule.
- ‘Ukraine Might Be Tomorrow’s East Asia’: Kishida in the UK Signs Security Pact with Boris Johnson
- INTERVIEW | Kishida: LDP to Call for Constitutional Change in Next Elections
- First Stop Italy: Ukraine, Nuclear Free World Dominate Kishida’s Talks With Draghi, Pope Francis
- ‘Don’t Bow to Nuclear Threats’ Warns Tokyo University Professor
- Uniqlo Learns a Lesson of War; More Japanese Businesses Need to Follow
- Golden Week Makes a Cautious Comeback
- [A Photographer’s Notes] Meiji Jingu in the Golden Hour
- SUMO | Terunofuji Aiming to Get Back on Track at Summer Tournament
- What To Eat While Watching Sumo: Kokugikan Yakitori
- Train Model Fans: There’s a New Railroad Model Park Coming to Tsurugashima City
Author: Arielle Busetto